This week has been a bad week for me. There hasn’t really been many highlights or favourite parts, to be honest, so sorry for being a bit of a neg. But shit happens and that’s the reality of life, there are crappy weeks and low points. Time to pick myself back up, shake myself down and get excited for what’s to come. Remember, if you always live in the past you will miss the present.
So these faves are a mixture of things to come, things that have happened and quotes that have helped me this week.
1. I am SO excited for Valentines day. No kids, cinema and M&S dine for 2. Perfect.
2. I have FINALLY conquered my bloggers block and can write again. Woohoo!
3. I have made the positive decision to always speak up if something happens that I don’t agree with. I won’t compromise my morals to protect someone else.
4. Andy reminding me that I am a strong, brave woman and should never be made to feel like a victim. Seriously, where would I be without this man?
5. I have enrolled to do a Social Media Marketing Diploma. I can’t wait to start, it is something that is growing massively in the industry I work in and it can’t hurt this little bloggy to know how to promote it better!
6. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” — Stephen King
7. We had a family bake-off. Me and Marcus VS Andy and Scarlett. Obvs me and Marcus won. Chocolate pinata cupcakes FTW.
8. Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits. — William Hazlitt
9. Scarlett did a wee in the potty. (and then on my leg- not one of my faves)
10. I had a really, really good night sleep on Tuesday night. I have been having so much trouble sleeping recently, it was like I morphed into Sleeping Beauty for an evening. Heaven.
Looking back over these, there have actually been some really good points to this week. I think I need to stop focussing on the negatives and remember to focus on the positive.
What has happened to you this week that has made you smile like the Cheshire cat?